Monday, November 29, 2010

The First Snow of the Season

Last night I looked up the weather forecast and discovered it was "currently snowing." I didn't even know snow was in the forcast! We were just outside riding bikes right before dinner. It was COLD, but didn't seem like it was going to snow anytime soon. I knew there was rain in the forecast a couple of days this week, so imagine my surprise when I got out of bed and looked out the window. The snow was really coming down and there was quite a layer already built up! I was almost too excited to sleep! I had already decided we were going outside to play as soon as the kids woke up and had breakfast. Well, they both decided to sleep until 8:45 (on the one day I wanted them up!) and Kaity came to my room first. She walked to the window and looked down, noticing that it looked different, but not really registering anything yet. I asked her what she saw. She broke into a huge grin and said SNOW! Then she told me she almost didn't recognize it. Silly girl! We went to the kitchen and started breakfast and as soon as Ryan heard Kaitlyn, he ran out of his room and said, "I didn't know Kaity was awake!" I think they just didn't want to get out of their warm beds. Can you blame them? He looked out the window in the living room and started hopping around the living room yelling, SNOW! After gearing up we headed downstairs to play.


Kaitlyn getting her amunition.

Ryan ready to fire.

Kaity's wicked look waiting for me to safeguard the camera so she can fire.

They had a blast sliding faster and farther on slide and bed of snow at the base.

One of the great things about homeschooling is the flexibility it provides. Today, we had a three hour snow delay. It was awesome! We played outside for a long time, was joined by a friend, and then went upstairs for a warm playdate with coffee and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Now that's how I like to start school! It was a great day both in the "classroom" and outside.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrea and Ben said...

So glad you got to get out and enjoy it! We stayed up way too late watching it come down :-)