Thursday, April 22, 2010

Seoul Grand Park Zoo


The day before we went to the Strawberry Festival, a bunch of gals and their kids went to the Zoo at Seoul Grand Park. The weather was gorgeous and I was in desperate need of some Vitamin D! I have found that living in Korea, I have had to adjust my standards, and now I think sunny and 50 is gorgeous and the 60s have brought out the flops where in the past this Florida girl hid her toes at anything less than 70! First I have to say that I was impressed. At this point, I had only visited one other Korean attraction, the Jeongju Zoo, while we were visiting Bill in Kunsan. The zoo was cheap and a good day out, but it wasn't nice. The habitats were small and smelly and it made me sad for the animals. The lion's roar from the cages you couldn't see was depressing. But, the company was great, the kids were happy, and we were happy to be outdoors in the winter in Korea. I never blogged this, but the pictures are in our photo gallery if you are interested in seeing them. This was not the case with the zoo in Seoul. Everything was clean, the habitats were wonderful, the exhibits were interesting, and much of it was in English! The zoo rivaled those that we have seen in the States and was really nice.

We had a great day letting the kids set the pace and just be kids. There was so much that we didn't see, so we will definitely be going back (the entrance fee is so cheap, which is a huge bonus!), but the kids had a great time and it was so refreshing to be strolling in the park with the sun on our faces, just soaking up the rays. I think the funniest thing of the day was that of all the things they could have done at the zoo, they all beelined for a giant pile of leaves and dove right in! The damage was already done, so we just let 'em play and tried not to think off all the grossness of Korea hiding in there.

On a side note, I think the slide show is going to be my best bet for sharing pictures and being able to blog. Uploading individual pictures is time consuming and this way you get to see all the pictures, unless you are viewing this from facebook and then you get nothin'. So, to fix this just click on view original post to see the slideshow. If the slideshow is too much for you to follow or you need to see bigger pictures (mostly grandma and grandpa), you can view them in the photo gallery through the link on the top right of the blog column. Enjoy!

No comments: